Sunday, July 1, 2007

People do change, no matter what you say.

Originally Posted on June 28, 2007:

I've been told that my opinion of people changes, not the actual person. Not true, not at all. When someone hurts you, badly, you have nothing to do, but resent them for the time being. After a while, you do get over it. You will forget, and you will move on. When someone takes something from you, you don't have control over it. You can't make them give it up. You have to deal. You have to figure a way to get it back, or to cope with the loss. However, people need to keep in mind feelings of others. When you take something from someone, you have to think about what has been involved with it. You have to think of others. You have to keep in mind others have feelings too. You can't do what you want, you have others to worry about too. If its a relationship, wait a while. Don't rush into dating people that have just come out of a relationship. Give it time. If you don't, the more likely the other person is to not forget about their loss and the more likely they will be to go back to that other person. Great things take time. Thomas Edison did hundreds of trials before coming up with an actual, usable light bulb. Time is key to everything you work for. Time in school, time at work, time doing everything. Rushing things is not a good idea. It leads to crappy work. It leads you do nowhere. Time is a necessity and should not be wasted. I've decided, today, I'm not going to worry about things as much. As much as I may be hurt, I'm still going to trek on. I'm going to continue living my life, not pausing it for others. I'm going to let things slide and not freak out. Whatever happens in life, well, happens. I'll roll with the punches and see where it takes me.

No comments: